Deploying a UI project and then Running The UI tests after it

Hi All,

We currently deploy a web Project into multiple target servers, this project has a build pipeline that comes via Bitbucket.

We also have another E2E automation project that has an entirely different codebase.

I want to create a single deploy project which first deploys the web project, then randomly selects one of the target and uses the Codebase of the E2E automation code and runs the automation test on the target.

Till now i have been trying to figure out how to use two different codebases on one project/ release but i have been unsuccessful in trying to find out a way to use two pipelines/codebases

is this possible? is there any alternative way to deploy a code and certify the code using UI automation code ?

Hey RChandran.

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus! This sounds possible, but I just want to check I have your CI/CD process understood before I recommend a solution.

Are you using bitbucket pipelines to build and push your web project code to Octopus? If so, are you also creating and deploying your release from the same pipeline? An example of this can be found here.

If that’s not the case, could you describe where your source code repository is stored? Also, how the code is built and pushed to Octopus? I can then come up with a solution to adding the automation code into your project.

Does the automation code need to be deployed to the deployment target for the tests to run or can this be on an external machine away from the deployment targets?

Do these tests run in all environments?

Lastly, do you know how long the tests take to run?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.