I am trying to understand how to setup my Kuberentes deployments using Helm.
Here is my desired flow:
- Team City builds the container, tags it with a version number and uploads it to a private container registry. (This part is working.)
- A release is made in Octopus deploy. It can see tagged version number from the Container Registry and offers to use that version number.
- A Helm chart release step is run. In that the Container Image and Tag (from the selected version) are available as variables to be passed in to the Helm chart (to override what ever is in the values.yaml file)
I can’t seem to find a way to do this. I have read a few docs that seem to indicate it is possible, but they are light on the details.
The key parts I am hung up on are:
- How do I get Octopus deploy to set the release version to the latest version in the Private Repository when a new release is created (hopefully automatically created)?
- How do I get an Octopus variable to the Container Tag that was selected (from the version number) so I can pass it into my helm chart?