Deploy with disconnect tentacle?

Hi

We have remote customers that I need to install the same packages as we install internally for our testing and production environments we host for some customers.

There is no way we can have a direct connection into their sensitive servers from our network. I see that tentacle.exe" deploy-package has been removed, but is there any idea when we might see this coming back?

I need to produce a package and run it on a remote tentacle without it connecting to our server. Otherwise I’d have to install octopus deploy at each customer site… Currently we use MSI’s but want to migrate everything to octopus!

thanks
danny

title should be “disconnected” ! :frowning:

Hi Danny,

Thanks for getting in touch! An offline deployments feature is coming in 3.0 - which is aimed for release this quarter of 2015.

Hope that helps!
Vanessa

that’s excellent news and key to us purchasing octopus!

thanks
danny

Do you have any more information how this will be done?

Let’s say I have a desktop client that we currently give out clients to install. A client may install this on 1000’s of machines. They would normally push an MSI we give them using SCCM or another favoured in house tool.

They may want to change the installation directory.

Would we be able to wrap this OD package inside an MSI for customer with SCCM to deploy?

Also, how are you going to manage licenses in this disconnected world? Our application might be installed on 1000000000000 of desktops 
thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

This GitHub thread shows how this will work:

It still does an Octopus Style deploy, and creates powershell scripts to run on the target machine.

Thanks
Vanessa