Deploy to Multiple targets using Database "Jump Box"

I’m just looking a bit of help really.

I have a project that deploys a DACPAC through a life-cycle of DEV, TEST, PRE-PROD and PROD. The deployment targets are setup as a “Jump Box” with the SQL Client Tools installed so the database objects are installed from there (this is actually the same box with 4 tentacles installed for the 4 environments).

The bit I’m trying to get my head around is that for 1 of these environments the DACPAC actually needs to be deployed to 2 different SQL Servers (PROD). The rest just go to a single server each. Since there is not an tentacle installed on each of the SQL Servers and I am just using a Jump Box model for this, would I be able to setup the project to achieve this?

Hi Jay,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I’ve had a chat with the team about this to brainstorm some ideas and the idea we settled on would be to keep the single DACPAC step, but you can re-add an identical deployment target within the Prod Environment so that it executes twice.

I hope this helps!

If you require any further assistance or clarification, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi Reece,

Thanks. I opted for a slightly different approach in the end. Your way is great but it would have used up another one of my machine licenses. Instead I simply added 2 DACPAC release steps in the project and set the last one to only run when deploying to production.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.