Deploy to machine name from a variable

Hi,

I’m trying to build a deployment step to deploy to machine names from a variable.

I have some static VMs under a server that I want to push worker processes to for a main service.

The main VM has tentacle installed and the main service pushes to there fine, but I then want a step to push workers to the VMs under that server.

Sounds strange I know, but there are isolation issues that mean I need to look at doing it like this.

The only build step I have deploys to the target tag, but I don’t want tentacle inside the VMs for size.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reaching out, and it sounds like you have a very unique use case!

While I feel like I have a high-level understanding of your process and limitations, it might be good to jump on a call and talk through things so that I can provide the best advice for your situation - if that sounds okay, just let me know and I can send over my availability for the next few days.

Also, if you have any other supporting documentation that provides additional context around your environment/process, feel free to upload it to the following secure link (so you don’t have to post it to the public thread).

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Britton

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.