Deploy to Azure SQL

Hi,

Is there any way to use Azure SQL Server with Octopus deployment. If possible please share the document or article on this.

Thanks.

Hi @rudramaniteja,

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is no guide for this within Octopus, but as you can see within the SQL server documentation it is supported:

You would first need to create the Database within Azure. I have attached a document that will help you achieve that:

You would need to allow access to this SQL instance from your machine:

The Connection string will show you the server name plus the port number needed:

You will enter this information into the Octopus manager wizard:

Once this is done, you will have a working product.

I hope this helps if you have any further questions, please reach out.

Kind regards,
Ziaul

Hi,
Thanks for response.

I use roundhouse for database migrations, till now i have databases on Virtual Machine. So I used SQL VM as a target in Octopus by adding as tentacle. But recently we have migrated all databsed to Azure SQL server. So how can i add Azure SQL service as a target in Octopus?

I am using Octopus cloud, not configured on a server.

Thanks.

Team,

Can you update on this issue.

Thanks

Hi @rudramaniteja,

Extremely sorry about the late reply.

Unfortunately, Octopus does not support this straight out of the box. You would need to use a Jumpbox to achieve what you are after. I’ve attached some documentation which should guide you through:

I hope this helps if you require any additional guidance, please do get in touch!

Kind regards,
Ziaul

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.