Deploy to Azure adding extra steps

I am trying to Deploy to Azure using the powershell step in the process. This however means we have no machines in Environment and in turn no roles.

The issue with this is that I cannot add extra powershell steps before or after as these need me to set a roll which I do not have. I can add them all as a block in the pre and post deploy however this mean I cannot reuse them and it is not clear.

I also need to add a deploy to azure step for each environment.

Can you confirm that this is all correct or have I missed something.

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch. Powershell steps need to be executed from Tentacles. If you dont have one, what you can do is run the Powershell scripts from the Octopus Server (by making it a Tentacle) as shown on this doc: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/How+to+run+steps+on+the+Octopus+Server . What users usually do is add the role “ScriptRunner” to the Tentacle created from this method and then use it for all the stand-alone scripts that only need to be ran once from one machine.

I also need to add a deploy to azure step for each environment.

Is there a specific reason why you need to do this? You could have only 1 Azure step for all your environments, and set variables for the fields that will change depending to which environment you are deploying to.

Please let me know if this answers your questions.

Dalmiro