Deploy to an external domain

Hi guys,

I want to use Octopus deployed on a domain (dev.abc) to deploy web apps to dev.abc servers and prod.xyz domain servers
These domains are isolated. Is there any suggestions for this case? Which are the best practice using Octopus on this case?

Thanks

Hi @Mauricio.Quesada

Thanks for reaching out, and for the great question.

This is entirely possible, yes. You will just want to use a tentacle on each of the relevant deployment targets, and make use of the Environments system in Octopus to handle your different lifecycle phases (dev, test, prod etc.)

I hope this helps, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks Justin

On that case, do we have to publish the octopus instance as public? I means on the internet over a public Ip to connect the prod.def servers?

Is octopus stablishing a secure channel for the packages sent by internet?

Thanks

Hi @Mauricio.Quesada,

If you’re making use of Listening tentacles, you won’t need to expose your Octopus server to the internet, you’ll just need to make sure that the server can make outbound connections on tcp/10933.

All of our communications from the server to tentacles are encrypted, you can find more information on both of these topics here: https://octopus.com/docs/administration/security/octopus-tentacle-communication

I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.