Deploy package

Hi Team.

We’re using octopus server v2021.1. We have a process/step to deploy a package using existing template “Deploy Package”. Recently, I’ve observed that the ackage is not downloaded from nexes repo/external feeds and uploaded to the deployment target. I could not found any package extracted to C:\Octopus\Applications\ENVName. So, the next step after deploy package is unable to do the installataion b/c the package is not there.

This has been work for a longtime without any issue…However, recently, I am encountering this problem again and again. There is no change made on the octopus server. Please advise.

Regards,

Endashaw

Hi Endashaw,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to see you’re hitting this unexpected issue recently. My current guess as to what could be causing this would be the below linked bug, where the target is unable to download a package from an external feed, which has build metadata appended to the version string.

Is it possible your package versioning started using build metadata (e.g. something like +next) in the version string which coincided to when you started hitting this issue? If not, are you seeing any error message being reported in your deployment task log? Would you be willing to share the error message, along with the package ID and version to allow me to attempt an accurate reproduction of this issue locally?

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for checking this issue. e.g., this is the package version that we are using 1.6-21-bau-03feeb1. what. Not cleare what you want to say about “+next” thing. What I saw right now is Octopus is sometimes unable to download the latest package from external feeds. Rather simply deploys what was deployed last. How do we force Octoups to alwasy download the latest package.

Regards,

Endashaw

Hi Endashaw,

I believe we have determined the cause of this in your other ticket (below), so we’ll continue to work from that one if you agree. Otherwise, let me know if you believe this is still a separate issue and I’ll continue troubleshooting here.

Best,
Patrick

@patrick.smergut,

Thanks for your quick response. I got it now…we are using dd.mm-buildNo in versioning. so 12.9 is december packge and 1.6 is today. I’ve defined version rule inside channels but only for the pre-release tag.

Regards,

Endashaw

Hi Endashaw,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yep, it sounds like you’re on the right track now.

Hopefully, that unblocks you but let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.