Deploy old package

Hi Team,

Octopus is deploying old package instead of new. As you can see in the screenshot, the new release pacakge is 1.6-21-bau-03feeb1 but Octopus is deploying the old package 12.9-20-bau-c6d7da9. I am using builtin package and I’ve set added Octopus.Deployment.ForcePackageDownload = True in varaibles. To fix this issue, I am deleteing all old pacakge and build inforamtion and run CICD again.

Please advise

Endashaw

Hi Endashaw,

Thanks for posting your question.

Most likely what is happening here is Octopus is selecting the package with the more ‘recent’ version automatically, and the version starting with 12.9 would be later than 1.6.

I was wondering if you’ve seen our versioning scheme documentation, as that does a great job of explaining how packages are selected based on their versions: Versioning schemes - Octopus Deploy

In addition, you can define package version rules under your project channels, and we have some great documentation on that as well: Channels - Octopus Deploy

If you’d like to control your release versioning (for example, to base it off of a package version), you can find how to do that here: Release versioning - Octopus Deploy

I hope this is helpful, and let me know if you have further questions!

Best,

Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.