Deploy multiple instance of same cloud service

Hi,

Is there a way to deploy multiple instance of same cloud service (only differs in name) with Octopus?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! The general answer is yes, you can. However, the details will depend on your scenario and what exactly you’re wanting to achieve. I’ll briefly touch on a couple of possibilities. Feel free to expand on your situation if I don’t address your specific case.

Are you wanting to deploy the different cloud service to a different environment within the same project?
You can do this by using scoped variables with your relevant values. Refer to my first attached screenshot as an example. Then you can bind these variables in your Deploy an Azure Cloud Service step configuration by selecting the Use a custom expression checkbox . Refer to my second screenshot which shows the variable binding syntax in the deployment step.

Or are you wanting to deploy to the same environment?
Multi-tenancy lets you deploy multiple instances of your project to the same environment.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or would like to clarify your scenario.

Kind regards,

Kenny