Deploy Kubernetes Yaml Without Validation

Hi,

While trying to do my first Kubernetes deployment with Octopus I use the default kubernetes step to publish a yaml list. When doing so it reports a few validation error, which should be ignored (because we are on openshift), and so it responds that I should add --validate=false.

However, I cannot find any place to do that.
Am I left to providing my own scripts or is there a way to do this?

Regards
/Niels

Hi @nbn,

First of all, welcome to the Octopus boards!

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, I’m not an openshift/kubernetes expert, but I’m going to reach out to some colleagues and gather some more information for you. In the meantime, maybe this blog post will help you.

Please let me know if that helps or if you have any other questions before you hear back from me.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Thanks, love it so far, although it has many abstractions to keep track of.

The problem is mostly related to executing the kubectl apply command, which can have some options attached. One of these is the schema validation, which I would need to set to false for kubectl to work nicely with openshift. Right now I have few options to break up a very complex setup, so being able to deploy from the yaml files would make it possible to migrate onto an Octopus setup.

Regards
/Niels

Hey Niels,

I’m glad to hear you’re liking Octopus!

Could you please give me some more information to go back to the engineers with?

1. The version of openshift youre running
  2. What step in specific is being used to deploy to openshift
  3. Direct message me The deployment task logs to see what resource openshift fails to validate. You can do this by going into the failed task, go to task log, and click download.
  4. The version of Octopus server youre running.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.