Deploy kubernetes resource raw yaml

Hi Team,

I want to deploy all the kubernetes manifests files from this step, its asking for a specific file name , is it possible to deploy all files in the folder from the package.
e.g
manifests/**

Hi @venkat.vnextapps,

That’s a great question!

My first thought is that it should work ok as it’s performing pattern matching, which should accept wildcards just fine:

No files were found in XX that match the substitution target pattern '*.yaml' 

I am aware that you can combine multiple yaml files into a single file by separating them with 3 dashes ---, which is typically how resources are deployed:

apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
  name: mock
spec:
---
apiVersion: v1
kind: ReplicationController
metadata:
  name: mock
spec:

Have you received any errors or logs indicating the file wasn’t able to be found? I’d be happy to check over the task logs for what’s going on if you’d like to send them through to our Secure Upload Portal.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all!

Best Regards,

Hi @venkat.vnextapps,

Just an update, I’ve confirmed that wildcards won’t work unfortunately:

error: the path "*.yml" cannot be accessed: CreateFile *.yml: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Using either a Step per file or combining the resources into a single file is needed at this stage. We are a planning a bunch of changes in this space so let us know what you’d like to see added in via our feedback request!

Best Regards,

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.