Deploy fails when it should go to guided failure

Hi,

We have a project that’s explicitly set to use GF mode. But on occasion, 2x we know of, when a deployment step encountered a problem, the deployment failed immediately. The raw log shows that “Guided failure is not enabled for this task.”

What could be causing this?

Thanks!
Bob Hardister

Hi Bob,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

This certainly seems like peculiar behavior. I hope you don’t mind, but I have a few clarifying questions:

• Have you checked the audit log to see if this behavior is represented by a detected change?
  • Is this project being deployed via another project?
  • Does this happen only on this particular project?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Hi Donny,

Thanks for your help and support. I’ve found the deployments in the audit log, but don’t know how to get or reveal all the selections for the deployment itself (see attached screen shot). It is not being deployed by another project. It only happens on this particular project afaik.

Thanks, Bob

I did a little more digging and found the releases prior to this did have GF mode enabled. The immediate release after this also did NOT have GF enabled (but there was no error) and then the subsequent releases all had GF mode enabled. Is there a way to tell if someone is changing the project setting for GF mode? Or perhaps is there a way to restrict that specific perm?

Hi Bob,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, we do not yet offer that level of granularity. At this time, the only option would be to disable ProjectEdit from the user role to prevent this from being changed.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Donny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.