Deploy doesnt deploy to custom install directory

hi,
I am using a custom install directory listed in in variables and placed in process > install to and it is also selected in the config options

below is from the xml
CustomInstallationDirectory is not what I have defined in the variable and I don’t know where that came from
ExtractedTo is not what I have defined in the variable either

this is what I have defined: CustomWebInstallDirectory value C:\www\octopusTest install to #{CustomWebInstallDirectory}

how can I make the zip file deploy to the custom path and just copy the files.
I don’t want it C:\Octopus\Applications\pghqaitweb01\Bentley.Web\1.0.2.54_2
it must be C:\www\octopusTest\files where files would be the Bentley.Web extracted files

also where does it get the name pghqaitweb01 from-- the only place I have that defined is in the environment

thanks

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out! Could you follow the instructions in the below doc and send us a full deployment log?

http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Debug+problems+with+Octopus+variables

Feel free to mark this conversation as private in the right hand side panel so the conversation is only visible to you and our staff.

Thanks,
Dalmiro

I solved the issue, took me close to 30 websites to find that I have to make a new release every time I make a change on octopus deploy. I figured server changes just affected the deploy controls and not the actual binaries of the code push.

Thanks,

Daren

Hi Daren,

That’s correct. Everytime to re-deploy a release, it uses a snapshot of the variables and deployment process from the time when it was created. So if you make a change to a variable or to the deployment process, you need to create a new release for the changes to take effect.

Thanks,
Dalmiro