Deploy certificates

Hi,

I have added some certificates in Octopus and now i have to export these certificates to the tentacle which deploy our application.
I’ve tried it with powershell command without success because i’am not able to set the correct folder by system variables.
Has anybody an idea how i can solve it.

Regards

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for getting in touch! Have you seen the following documentation page? It covers using certificates in your IIS deployment step.

If this does not help, I’ll need to get a bit more information about what you are trying to achieve here. It would also be helpful if you could provide your Octopus version. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

thank you for response.

In our scenario we build a Nuget package for our application during the build process. After that we use Octopus to create a Docker Image from the generated Nuget package and deploy them over a Tentacle into a Docker Registry. During the build process of the Docker Image we have to add some pfx files into them because they need to be registered inside the Docker Image later. In point of our security rules it is not allowed to add the certificates into the our VCS and we have to add the certificates manually during the build process.

My idea was that i add the certificates before octopus creates the Docker Image at the Tentacle because i have to process some Powershell Commands which are one of the steps in the Dockerfile.

Best regards

Torsten

Hi,

after i spent any time thinking about the problem i found a solution without using certificates in octopus. Docker has shared folders where container can access. To register certifcates which are stored in shared folder i have to write some lines of code.

Best regards

Torsten