Deploy automatically to an environment not working

Hi,

I’m trying to auto deploy to my Test environment after successful deployment to my Dev Environment. Both environments have one target machine which is configured for Tenant Only deployments. Both also have the same associated Tenant which is e5Workflow.

There is a Channel and LifeCycle configured as seen in pdf attached.

Although the release deploys successfully to the Dev environment, it fails to auto-deploy to the Test environment. The following error is raised

“Unable to trigger deployment for project ‘e5Anywhere’ release 3.9.8536-rc to environment Test: e5Anywhere can only be deployed to tenants. Either deploy this release to a tenant, or configure this project to allow untenanted deployments. http://g.octopushq.com/MultiTenantProjectTenantRequired
Once you have corrected these problems you can try again.
If the problem is related to a variable you will need to update the variables for this release or recreate the release for the changes to take effect.
If the problem is related to the deployment process you will need to create a new release for the changes to take effect.”

I would have thought it would auto-deploy into the Test environment using the same Tenant that was chosen for the deployment to the Dev environment.

Could you please confirm if this should be working and what I might be doing wrong?

autodeploy.pdf (255 KB)

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear about this confusion. In fact, you’re not doing anything wrong - unfortunately auto-deploy environments in your lifecycle don’t support tenanted deployments. We agree that it should support it, and have an existing issue to address this.

I’ve raised your question to my team, which has added to its priority. Feel free to track that issue, and I’ll be happy to reply when it’s resolved. :slight_smile:

For the time being, a workaround could be to use your CI tooling and the --tenant=* argument when deploying your release.

Sorry it’s not better news! Please let me know if you have any further questions going forward.

Kind regards,

Kenny