"Deploy an AWS CloudFormation template" step template causing Octopus error

Hi guys,

I’ve been trying to use Octopus for deploying my CloudFormation stack, but I am not able to add the step “Deploy an AWS CloudFormation template”

an unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2018.11.1: “TypeError: h is undefined”

Steps to reproduce:

1. Setup a project
  2. Add new step to a process
  3. Select “Deploy an AWS CloudFormation template” step

This results in a crash

Octopus v2018.11.1

_@https://tillpos.octopus.app/main.1963a834b80b73974639.hashedasset.js:1:917070

items (/app/components/form/VariableSelect/VariableSelect.tsx:57:18)
beginWork (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:149:336)
e (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:182:349)
g (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:183:347)
p (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:184:366)
0;null!==a&&c;){c=!1;if(a.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.pendingWorkPriority>b)c=!0,a.pendingWorkPriority=b;null!==a.alternate&&(a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority>b)&&(c=!0,a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority=b);if(null===a["return"])if (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:188:389)
S (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:187:415)
enqueueSetState (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:140:181)
isMounted (/node_modules/react/cjs/react.production.min.js:12:343)
m (/app/components/BaseComponent/BaseComponent.tsx:29:8)
setActionProperties (/app/areas/projects/components/DeploymentProcess/ActionDetails.tsx:552:8)
_this (/app/areas/projects/components/DeploymentProcess/ActionDetails.tsx:369:66)
componentDidMount (/app/components/Actions/aws/awsDeployCloudFormationAction.tsx:97:16)
hasPackages (/app/components/Actions/aws/awsDeleteCloudFormationAction.tsx:135:29)
hasPackages (/app/components/Actions/aws/awsDeleteCloudFormationAction.tsx:135:29)
resolvePromise (/node_modules/es6-promise/dist/es6-promise.js:459:0)
initializePromise (/node_modules/es6-promise/dist/es6-promise.js:457:0)
componentDidMount (/app/components/Actions/aws/awsDeployCloudFormationAction.tsx:87:30)
action (/app/components/DataBaseComponent/DataBaseComponent.tsx:112:19)
i/</< (/app/client/resources/index.ts:117:0)
i/< (/app/client/resources/index.ts:117:0)
o</< (/app/client/resources/index.ts:117:0)
resolvePromise (/node_modules/es6-promise/dist/es6-promise.js:459:0)
initializePromise (/node_modules/es6-promise/dist/es6-promise.js:457:0)
o< (/app/client/resources/index.ts:117:0)
action (/app/components/DataBaseComponent/DataBaseComponent.tsx:99:96)
wrapper (/app/components/BaseComponent/BaseComponent.tsx:124:31)
DoBusyTask (/app/components/DataBaseComponent/DataBaseComponent.tsx:42:15)
doBusyForChildren (/app/areas/projects/components/DeploymentProcess/ActionDetails.tsx:201:15)
componentDidMount (/app/components/Actions/aws/awsDeployCloudFormationAction.tsx:87:8)
tryCatch (/node_modules/es6-promise/dist/es6-promise.js:410:0)
tryCatch (/node_modules/es6-promise/dist/es6-promise.js:408:0)
publish (/node_modules/es6-promise/dist/es6-promise.js:393:0)
flush (/node_modules/es6-promise/dist/es6-promise.js:121:0)

Hi Shidil,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m terribly sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected issue. This is currently a known issue which we’ve fixed and will be included in the next patch release (2018.11.2) which will be shipped later today. Would you be able to upgrade when that’s made available and let me know if this fixes the issue for you? You can reference the issue at the following link.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.