Deploy all projects from production to staging

Hi all,

We are using octopus to deploy a series of independent microservices from CI to staging to production. Our CI runs through Teamcity.

We are looking for a way to deploy to staging whatever is in production. This means that for each microservice we need to deploy to staging the last version deployed in prod.

Any ideas on how we could do this?

Thanks

Hi Yannis,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Based on the information provided in your query, it sounds like you could use Scheduled Triggers to accomplish this.

In particular, it’s possible to specify a source environment (i.e. Production) and destination environment (i.e. Staging), it’s then possible for Octopus to deploy the latest successful release found in the source environment to the destination environment.

When using Channels also you can also select the channel to use when deploying the release.

I’d recommend having a read through the aforementioned documentation to familiriaze yourself with this feature.

If I’ve misunderstood your query in any way, or if you require additional assitance or clarification, please let me know :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.