Deploy a Release step - offline package drop issues

Hi

I’d like to note a couple of issues I’m seeing with deployments that include one or more “Deploy a release” steps:

1. We have a certificate import release which is called as a child deployment of the offline deployment. The steps say that the import-certificate step is being appended to the batch file, but there is no artifiact provided at the end of the deployment.

1. I was expecting a single artifact to be made available from the “parent” deployment that contains everything needed to deploy the entire solution. Instead what I found is that I need to go to each child deployment one at a time (and then to their children where necessary) and manually download separate zip files. It kind of defeats the object of the offline package drop…

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch! You’re correct that the deployment of the parent project doesn’t provide downloadable links to the artifacts generated by the child projects’ deployments, and that’s kind of “by design”.

A way you could potentially approach this would be to add a script step at the end of the parent project’s deployment process to do some API calls based on the child projects’ releases to download the artifacts automatically. The child deployments’ output variables are captured in the parent project after execution of the child project deployments, so those can be used. You can read some more info about this in our docs.

Does this help get you closer to what you’re after? Please let me know if I’ve misunderstood your question in any way, or if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny.

I think you misunderstood the problem here. I’m trying to use a deployment with “Deploy a Release” steps to generate a zip file containing everything needed for an offline package which can then be used for deployment. (This is what the offline drop is supposed to do, after all…)

Instead of getting a single zip at the top level, I’m having to go into each and every child deployment to find the zip file for that deployment. I would expect the parent deployment to end up containing a single zip with a co-ordinating script that then calls the scripts for the child deployments.

Luckily I found a workaround - if I set the offline target to save packages to a file path in stead of using artifacts, I at least get all the installer scripts in one folder structure!

Steve

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.