"Deploy a Package" step fails when deploying to Azure web app

Starting yesterday, our deployment process started failing on “Deploy a package” step with following error:

Could not find the command deploy-azure-web
The remote script failed with exit code 1

The step is supposed to place some additional files from separate package onto the already deployed web application which is deployed via (Deploy Azure Web App). Is there a replacement command available, or a different step template we’re supposed to use?

Thanks!

Hi @M.Janda,

Thanks for getting in touch! My sincere apologies that you’re hitting this bug. Fortunately it looks like this is currently a known issue, and we have a fix for it ready to be shipped as part of 2020.1.5. I don’t have an ETA on when that will be shipped, but we’re working on getting it out the door as soon as possible. You can reference the bug report at the following link which includes this temporary workaround:

Employ a regular deployment target to act as a "jumpbox" for performing the package deployment - You can see a working example on our Samples repository here: https://samples.octopus.app/app#/Spaces-22/projects/octopetshop/

I hope that helps, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny