Deploy a Dynamics 360 Solution with Octopus

Hi team,

I’m searching for a way to deploy a Microsoft Dynamics 360 solution using Octopus Deploy projects. I know that there can be a script to be put as a step template, but I was unsuccessful to find one. And I’m pretty new in this. Do you know any other way of deploying the solution using Octopus?

Cheers,
Atefeh

Hi Atefeh,

Thanks for getting in touch! We don’t have any specific experience deploying Dynamics 365 solutions with Octopus, so unfortunately we won’t be able to provide too much specific help in here.

I did some searching online for examples, and potentially the best source of information would be the following book.

Here’s a bit of a longer preview. If you’re willing to jump into a trial, hopefully that will be the most helpful resource.

I’m sorry it’s not better news! If you have any questions or concerns going forward, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for the reply. I’ve found a straight forward solution:
https://yaweriqbal.com/2018/08/31/export-and-import-solution-using-powershell/

I put it here as it may help others with this similar question in mind. It uses Microsoft.Xrm.Data.Powershell module to work with Dynamics 365 implemented by Sean McNellis and Kenichiro Nakamura.

Cheers,
Atefeh

Hi Atefeh,

Thanks for keeping in touch. That’s awesome, thanks for sharing your findings! I’m sure it will help others down the track. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the future!

Best regards,

Kenny

1 Like