Deleting User from Octopus

Hi Team,

Please suggest me the way I could remove the users from Octopus, who left the Company, Like any API/ DB deletion?

It is security requirement for us, which is done for all devOps Tools.

Regards,
Vijaya Paramasivam

Hi Vijaya,

Thanks for getting in touch! There are some resources for interacting with the Octopus API I can provide you.

The first is a link to our documentation on the subject. This should get you started here.

We also have an open source GitHub repository with a bunch of different examples you can use to reference. Unfortunately we have no current examples for deleting users.

If you get stuck here, please feel free to let me know. We are always happy to help.

Let me know how you go here. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Thanks, But what will be the impact if I run Query to delete some Inactive Users in DB. from User table?

Hi,

We advise not to delete anything directly from the database as this will technically void your warranty. Manually removing data from the DB can interfere with the natural processes of Octopus in unexpected ways. This means if something does go wrong then it will be substantially more difficult for us to assist.

The only advice I can give you if you do decide to do this is to make sure you always have a current backup as the chances are we will not be able to help resolve any potential issues which arise as a result.

Let me know if you have any further questions here.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your Suggestion. For now, I feel I am Clear. We will get back if there is any query.

Regards,
Vijaya Paramasivam