Deleting process deletes version rules on channel

Hi,
I’ve seen that deletion of step is forbidden when it’s connected to release triggers or release version rules, but it’s not if step is used in version ruling for channel. When deleting step octopus deletes version rules on channel.

-Kamil

Hi Kamil,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this annoying behavior and for the inconvenience this has caused. I suspect you may be hitting a previously known and fixed bug I raised a while back that you can reference at the below link. To confirm, which version of Octopus are you currently running? This fix was shipped in 4.1.7, so an upgrade may be required.

Please let me know how you go or if you have any further questions moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,
I’m using octopus in cloud version is it possible to upgrade it? Currently it runs version 2018.11.2.

-Kamil

Hi Kamil,

We have had some delays with recent upgrades, but will be rolling out updates to the latest version very soon.

Regards
Ben

Thank you for information :slight_smile:
-Kamil

Hi,
we’re now updated to 2019.2.4, version rules are still deleted when deleting step.

-Kamil

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.