Delete Task Attachment

I ran the Export Project command to export a project with many sensitive strings. It worked fine, but the zip file is still there on the task for anyone else to download.

How can I delete this zip file from off the Task? (Or delete the Task itself, either way.)

While I protected it with a password, I still want it gone so that one password does not hold the key to so many protected strings.

Hi @OctopusSchaff,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

You may right-click on the link to download the .ZIP, then copy the link. Paste the link in your address bar, then look, for the Artifact ID listed. Use that ID to find and delete the associated file in the /Artifacts/ folder of your Octopus Home directory location:

Once that is deleted, the link will no longer work:

However, anyone with permission to re-run the task can generate a new Export file.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Donny

Thank you for this information!

When someone selects to re-run the task, do they have to enter a new password? (Or is Octopus remembering the password parameter?)

Hi @OctopusSchaff,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Re-Running the Export Task will use the same parameters as the original.

Let me know if we can assist with anything else or if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,
Donny

Is there a way to delete the Task then?

My password was not as strong as I would have liked had I known that it would have to stay around forever. (I planned to just delete the downloaded zip file and be done with it.)

Hi @OctopusSchaff,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to delete the task without manually editing the SQL db (which we would not recommend).

I’ll raise this internally and see if our Development Team has any recommendations.

As soon as I hear something back, I’ll let you know.

Best Regards,
Donny

Are there retention rules around this kind of task? (Meaning will it be cleaned up if I run a bunch more like it, or after a set amount of time?)

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.