Delete channels not from UI?

Hello there,
is it possible to delete the channels without the UI, maybe using Octo.exe?
ATM I clean the channel’s releases using Octo.exe, but then I have to delete the channel manually…
Thank you for your time!
Best regards.
L.

Hi Lucio,

Thanks for getting in touch! Octo.exe doesn’t have a delete-channels command unfortunately. Octo.exe is more designed to handle tasks from your build server, and we don’t really see people using Octo.exe to manage the Octopus Server for these sorts of tasks. We generally recommend using Octopus.Client (which is an open source .NET library to more easily interact with the API) to manage the Octopus Server for these sorts of tasks outside of the UI. We have some great docs and resources around the Octopus.Client if you’re interested in this approach. :slight_smile:

We have a great API wiki which may help you get started if needed, and the following link outlines working with channels.

We also have some sample Octopus.Client scripts in PowerShell, CSharp and LINQPad.

I hope this helps get you going! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.