Delegation issues installing server on AWS

Something I came across that may be useful to others…

I’m trying to install octopus server on an AWS server, but I keep hitting the same error:

The requested operation cannot be completed. The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090345)
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80090345): The requested operation cannot be completed. The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090345)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at Octopus.Shared.Security.CertificateGenerator.Generate(String fullName, Boolean exportable) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.21\source\Octopus.Shared\Security\CertificateGenerator.cs:line 27
at Octopus.Core.Initialization.BuiltIn.OctopusCertificateInitializer.Initialize(IRelationalStore store) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.21\source\Octopus.Core\Initialization\BuiltIn\OctopusCertificateInitializer.cs:line 36
at Octopus.Core.Initialization.StoreInitializer.Initialize() in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.21\source\Octopus.Core\Initialization\StoreInitializer.cs:line 22
at Octopus.Server.Commands.AdminCommand.Start() in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.21\source\Octopus.Server\Commands\AdminCommand.cs:line 65
at Octopus.Shared.Startup.AbstractCommand.Octopus.Shared.Startup.ICommand.Start(String[] commandLineArguments, ICommandRuntime commandRuntime, OptionSet commonOptions) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.21\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\AbstractCommand.cs:line 57
at Octopus.Shared.Startup.ConsoleHost.Run(Action`1 start, Action shutdown) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.21\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\ConsoleHost.cs:line 72
at Octopus.Shared.Startup.OctopusProgram.Run() in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.21\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\OctopusProgram.cs:line 87

Make sure that both your user AND THE COMPUTER account are added to the delegation permission…

That is all :slight_smile:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting this so others can benefit!

We really appreciate it :slight_smile:
Vanessa