Default lifecycle when creating new project

When I create a new project, users can choose the lifecycle that will become the project default.

But is there a way to set what the default lifecycle is for any new project that is created (without needing users to go to “Advanced Settings” and choose or check)?

I imagine there is a way but I just can’t find it.

Thanks,
Ade.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for getting in touch,

At this stage, there isn’t an option to specify a Default Lifecycle as you’ve highlighted. Currently, only channels can be marked as default in this way.

When a new Project is created the list of lifecycles is sorted alphabetically with the top being the default, as you mentioned you would need to navigate into Advanced Settings to specify/check the lifecyle.

However, in a recent version (2018.5.3) we changed the steps when creating a new Project to incorporate a Next component, in which you are required to specify a lifecycle from the dropdown before it can even be created. I’ve included screenshots below to highlight this in addition to the associated Github issue;

I hope this helps!

If you require any further assistance or clarification, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

We created a new lifecycle (called Automation Default) in the hope of getting to the top of the list.
However, one of our existing lifecycles, called “Default Lifecycle” appears at the top.
Are you sure about the logic of them being sorted alphabetically?

Cheers,
Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for getting back to me,

I’ve had a look into this further, it turns out that if a Lifecycle exists that is specifically named Default Lifecycle this will be considered the default, however, when no Lifecycles exist with this name it will be sorted alphabetically as I previously mentioned.

Apologies for my mistake.

If you require any further assistance or clarification, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Ok, thanks for clearing up. Am clear on the options now.

Adrian.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.