Deduplicate NuGet repository

Our NuGet repository is large and I am thinking it is a good candidate for Microsofts Native de-duplication. It is on a 2012 R2 server, and I would be simply turning the de-duplication function on the volume with the repository.

Has anyone used this feature? Any issues with the native de-duplication in 2012 and Octopus deploy?

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out! Currently we don’t have any real-world experience with enabling the Data Deduplication feature on volumes containing NuGet repositories at this time. However, I did some reading on Understanding Data Deduplication. and I feel that enabling it should not be a problem since applications accessing data should be completely unaware of it.

One option which comes to mind when enabling Data Deduplication could be to stage an environment with Octopus accessing a volume with Data Deduplication first then ensure you have a good backup strategy in place.

I look forward to hearing how everything goes! If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Lawrence.