Dashboard filtering doesn't work as expected

Plus there is still inconsistency in project counts when filtering for different project counts:

Hi @Kamil_B,

Thanks for the update here. I have passed your findings onto the developer who has been working in the area.

Regarding the deployments showing whilst they only have warnings, I believe this was an intentional decision on our end. However, we are going to discuss this behaviour further.

I’ll keep your conversation open and let you know what we find regarding the inconsistency with the project counts.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
one thing about the warnings. I would be happy to see them on dashboard if they weren’t in all of our deployments.
We are using a template for our deployments and this templates include variable substitiution. We’ve got various (as expected I guess) files with configuration, so the rules for substitiution are very wide. That means we are getting a block of warnings for all of the deployments. Which makes this feature (warnings treated as errors on dashboard) unusable.

I wouldn’t mind warnings like that on dashboard:

Is there any chances of making variable substitiution not throwing warnings when there’s no file to substitute variables in?

-Kamil

Hi Kamil,

Thanks for the additional information here. I have passed this onto the developers currently working in the area to keep in mind. They are going to look into this and see if it’s viable to alter this behaviour in a reasonable way.

I’ll continue to keep this conversation open.

Best regards,
Daniel

Daniel,
Glad to hear it’s an open case :slight_smile:

I have additional input here. If we want to keep UI consistent don’t we want to have same behaviour for filtering. On tasks page when filtering for “Success” we’ve got both success and success with warnings, so I believe that dashboard should work same way :slight_smile:

-Kamil

Daniel,
Any news on that? :slight_smile:

-Kamil

With updated version (2019.8.1) I can see it works differently, but still not properly. It is still treating SOME warnings as errors in SOME cases. When filtering for only 1 and errors I get 6 deployments on the list, but when filtering for 3 and errors I get 3 deployments on the list. It makes no sense at all.

Hi @Kamil_B

Apologies for the lack of response on this ticket. We have a research task for this issue in our agenda with my name on it. I’ll try to get to this investigation going within this week and try to get a fix or at least a github issue so you/everyone can follow the progress.

Regards,
Dalmiro

Hi everyone,

We’ll be shipping a fix for this soon https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/5861

Thanks for waiting!
Dalmiro

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.