Dashboard filtering doesn't work as expected

(Jakub Januszkiewicz) #1

This problem has already been reported, but that topic is already closed without a resolution, so I’m starting a new one.

In short, too many (non-failing) projects are shown on the dashboard while some failing ones might not be shown. The linked topic has screenshots as well.

On top of that, the text at the top of the dashboard (“X of Y projects displayed”) is incorrect. When I set the dashboard limit to 1, it says “1 of 86 projects displayed”, when I set it to 2 it says “2 of 76 projects displayed”, when I set it to 3 it says “3 of 75 projects displayed” etc. In all those cases a lot more projects are actually shown. The “of Y” part should also not be changing, as the number of existing projects is exactly the same all the time (I’m only changing the “Maximum Projects” dashboard setting).

I’m seeing this behavior with the current cloud version (2019.4.7).

(Kamil B) #3

any news on that?

(Jakub Januszkiewicz) #4

Octopus support, can you please respond?

(Daniel Fischer) #5

Hi @jakub.januszkiewicz & @Kamil_B,

I’m sorry for the lack of update here! This issue seems to have fallen through the cracks. I’m currently following up with developers on this right now. From some testing on my VM, this Maximum Projects feature is seeming to work as expecting. However, the reports here seem to indicate some kind of buggy behaviour.

@jakub.januszkiewicz, Would you be able to attach some screenshots illustrating the issue you have described above? If you wish to send them privately, you can do so to support@octopus.com and I’ll be able to see them.

I’m going to do some testing with the developers and see if we can get to the bottom of this issue asap.

Sorry again for bad communication on this one.

Best regards,
Daniel

(Kamil B) #6

Hi,
In my understanding of this feature it shouldn’t show all of my projects here, am I right?