I’ve got a couple of questions around the deployment process.
- Is it possible to only run a certain step if a condition is matched? Maybe using a custom script, powershell/C# or something?
- Similar to above can we send emails based on a condition other than success/failure of deployment?
- Can i write a custom “Step” (plugin?)
How it works right now: we build a .nupkg using TC, this package might contain *.sql files. It is based on this condition that we want to be able to pause a deployment and run some custom steps.
Thanks for reaching out. Let me try to help with those questions:
1) Is it possible to only run a certain step if a condition is matched? Maybe using a custom script, powershell/C# or something?
Its not possible and there’s a uservoice sugestion to add support to this: https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/6594872-allow-the-run-condition-of-a-step-to-be-based-on-a . Though you cannot prevent the step from running, you could easily write an If/else statement in a Powershell Script step.
2) Similar to above can we send emails based on a condition other than success/failure of deployment?
I’m afraid its not possible until the above Uservoice suggestion gets implemented.
3) Can i write a custom “Step” (plugin?)
This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.