Custom Proxy setting

Chaps,

Is there any option, hidden or otherwise, available to me to set a proxy server address used by ocotpus server manually? I can’t use the Internet Explorer proxy details…

Ta,

Cedric

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for contacting us, the short answer Is no, but could I get some more information on how you are trying to use OD through a proxy server?

Thank you,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Our servers are behind a number of firewalls and to access the web we have to go via a proxy. This issue is that our domain group policy don’t allow internet explorer to be used on the servers so the IE proxy is setup to point to an address that will block all traffic.

Strange but true… Would it be possible to add this as a development request?

Ta,

Cedric

]------------------------------------------------[
[cid:image001.jpg@01D18FE3.A9505F60]
Cedric Brasey BSc
Products and Services | SW FW 32 | Santander, Chalkdell Drive, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes, MK5 6LA, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1908 346024
Cedric.Brasey@isbanuk.commailto:Cedric.Brasey@isbanuk.com
www.isban.eshttp://www.isban.es/

image001.jpg

Hi Cedric,

Just to jump in here as I am a little bit confused and there are so many different parts to Octopus.
Does Octopus support proxys? Mostly No. It interferes with our communication layers.

But words like servers and proxys and web make this pretty confusing so I will attempt to explain what our settings actually do and what I have interpreted your issue to be.

Our proxy settings aren’t to connect to Octopus nor to help with communication, they are for example if you need to run a script from server and it needs to access outside then it applies the IE proxy setting when doing so. But it doesn’t allow interception of its communication.

But I have interpreted your problem that you personally just want to access Octopus from your browser but you cannot because of blocking firewalls. I am not sure how a setting on the Octopus server would allow you to connect with a proxy or firewall in the way. You cannot have a special port opened up? How do you RDP on to the Octopus server itself ?

I am really curious about your setup now. Is your OD server and Tentacle network in a DMZ ?

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Yup, sorry, my bad. Should have been clearer.

What I need to see is if there is a way to adjust this. I assume that this is what is used by OD to check for updates.

[cid:image003.png@01D190AD.7C8D44F0]

Ta,

Cedric

]------------------------------------------------[
[cid:image001.jpg@01D190AD.2BD5D130]
Cedric Brasey BSc
Products and Services | SW FW 32 | Santander, Chalkdell Drive, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes, MK5 6LA, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1908 346024
Cedric.Brasey@isbanuk.commailto:Cedric.Brasey@isbanuk.com
www.isban.eshttp://www.isban.es/

image003.png

image001.jpg

Hi Cedric,

Sorry for the delay, but no there is no way to overwrite where Octopus looks for the proxy.

Vanessa