Custom Installation Directory not Working in IIS Deploy & Package Deploy

Hi Team,
I am a newbie to Octopus Deploy. Have created a OctoPack Package using MSBuild & uploaded the same to Octopus Repository. Thereafter configured a Project & selected the “Deploy a Package” process with Custom Installation Directory, but he package is not getting deployed to the custom folder. It is only creating a new folder under the Tentacle/Applications folder.

Can you please suggest?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry you’re hitting some unexpected results during your deployment. The package will still be deployed and extracted to the Tentacle/Applications folder, and using the custom installation directory feature will copy all extracted files to the defined directory. So they should exist in both.

If you’re unable to see the files in the custom directory, could it be due to defining a variable in the CID field, where the variable isn’t scoped to where you’re deploying? I’ll also be happy to look through your verbose deployment logs with debugging variables enabled to get a better look at what could be happening. You can refer to the following doc page on how to produce and export this log.

I hope this helps for the time being! I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.