Custom install directory not used with new Azure target

I’m trying to install an Azure Web Job into a custom directory of: App_Data\jobs\continuous\MyProject\

This used to work, but does not work now that I have switched my project to using Azure infrastructure targets. The application gets deployed directly into the wwwroot directory instead of wwwroot\App_Data\jobs\continuous\MyProject\

There’s not much else to say, the configuration is a single Deploy Package step with the custom installation directory specified. I just updated Octopus Server today to 2018.6.11

Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting in touch.

For deploying to a specific physical path of your Azure Web App, you’ll need to use the “Physical Path” field of your Azure step (under the “Deployment” section).

We double-checked the Azure Web App step, and this “Custom Installation Directory” feature should not be available, as it is not used. The only features that should be available are listed in our docs here.

We have created a GitHub issue here to remove this unused feature from Azure Web App steps and avoid future confusion.

If you set the Physical Path instead on your step, that should do what you need.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers
Mark

Ahh. I was just using the Deploy Package step, not Deploy Azure Web App step. I thought the Azure-specific one wasn’t needed with the new Azure deployment targets, but I see where I was wrong. Thanks, it’s working now.