Custom control type

Hello,

Much as to the same question here: Custom Control for step template

I’m looking to create a custom control type, in particular an array of the same control. For instance, I have an api that I call that can pass in an array of a type in a step, now this would be fantastic if I didn’t have to fall back to PSArray Objects in the custom template as currently that means the end users have to write it in json which doesn’t format very well…

Happy to raise a PR to where ever if its available, also happy to wait if its on the pipeline.

Regards,
Eric

Hi Eric,

Thank you for reaching out with your step template custom control type query.

I can confirm that it isn’t possible to add custom control types to step templates at the moment - the only supported control types can be seen in the Parameters section of our step template documentation. Your current approach of accepting JSON seems to be the best bet for now.

Can you please advise what the custom control type would be (or if it would just be a fixed/expanding list of an existing control type) so I can see if we have any alternate solutions. I can then also raise it as a potential feature request.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the reply.

I would probably be looking at doing something that would give the user an option of an array of objects that could be comprised of the current types available.

This new type might have the flexibility to fix a max number to the array but I’d leave it to ~ for now.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the quick reply.

It does sound like accepting JSON is currently the best approach for your requirements and that the other controls available wouldn’t be suitable.

I’ve therefore shared this with our product team so it can be considered as a potential feature request. I’ll let you know if/when I have an update on it.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

Thanks Charles,

Can I throw out there that a Json input format option on the control would be a quick and welcome addition.

Regards,
Eric

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response.

That’s a great idea, I’ll pass it along to the team!

Best Regards,

Charles

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.