Custom Calamari in selected tentacles

Hi,

I have made changes to Calamari source code to suit a project(P5) needs. We have 1 server and 5 tentacles. I want to use the customized calamari exe only in Tentacle5 as my project P5 is configured to run on Tentacle5. How can I enable Octopus Server to use customized calamari only for project P5?

Hi Ponsakthi,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to use a customised version of calamari on only one tentacle - its set at the server level and is pushed out to all tentacles.

Can you tell me more about your scenario? Specifically why you need a custom version and why you only want it on that one server? Hopefully we can come up with some alternative approaches for you.

Regards,
Matt

I have made changes to Calamari to support all Azure Cloud Regions including China. I want to test this new version of Calamari in a new tentacle , so that other tentacles that run production deployments are not impacted.

Hi Ponsakthi,

That makes sense. At this point the best option I can suggest is to spin up a new instance of Octopus and test using that. You could potentially use the Azure marketplace image to get up and going quickly.

Please do let us know how the testing goes with that Calamari change. We will test ourselves as well, but it will be good to hear your results.

Cheers,
Matt

@matt : I have made changes and raised pull request . Please refer to http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/problems/45517-octopus-to-support-azure-china

Calamari testing went on well, I have tested by installing Octopus Server in my machine.

Thanks
Sabari

Hi Ponsakthi,

Great to hear - thanks for contributing!

The team will look at the PR shortly and get it pulled in.

Cheers,
Matt