Cumulative release notes

Hi Support,

I’m setting up Jira integration and fixing up our Release notes. It’s very cool :slight_smile:

I have come across an issue, I see how the deployment release notes automatically accumulate. So if I’m upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.0.6 in UAT it includes all the releasenotes / package work items from all the versions between in the release notes.

This causes an issue for us as we have overlapping releases.

I’m experimenting with channels to see if that helps, I put v1.0.7 in a channel and upgrade UAT from 1.0.1 to 1.0.7 and it still includes the release notes / work items from all versions. v 1.0.1 - 1.0.6 do not use channels at all.

Can you advise if there is way to achieve this, to ensure not all the releases are combined like this.

(we are on v 2020.6)

regards

Andrew

Hi @andrew_w,

Thanks for reaching out, glad to hear you are enjoying the Jira integration so far!

We have some great blog posts here and here, but it seems you are already aware of how it works. As that example shows, channels will still include the notes of releases that weren’t deployed to that channel, as it works based off the release version difference from the last successful deployment.

In saying that, I think the best option would be to leverage “pre-releases” (e.g. 1.0.0-rc2) to limit which information is included in the deployment notes. Our documentation here outlines how this works and seems to be just what you are after.

Feel free to let me know if you run into any issues getting it setup, or have any questions about anything!

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.