Creating SSH Key pair accounts

Octopus version: 3.2.0

Hi,

I’m looking at installing an SSH Connection target on a Linux server. The issue I keep having however, is after I click Discover I’m unable to select an account under the Communication section.

Under Environments > Accounts I’ve added an account but under the Account section in Deployment Settings I’m unable to select this account from the drop down.

Has anybody experienced this before? Furthermore, is there a way to view existing SSH Key pair accounts?

Kind Regards,
Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sounds like a bit of a weird issue that could be related to a bug we have. Could you let me know the following details.

1. Are your accounts scoped to any environments?
  2. Are you aware if you have any existing SSH Key pair accounts?

This is the bug we think may be related: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2436

Let me know what you find. Feel free to provide any screen shots to help us figure this out.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

Since my email I have discovered the problem. Basically, when I select an Environment and click save the account is not listed under SSH Key Pairs:

[cid:image002.jpg@01D19645.BCEC7D20]
However, when I leave the Environment field blank the account is listed:

[cid:image004.png@01D19645.5EF1CDB0]

Account listed:

[cid:image007.jpg@01D19645.BCEC7D20]

This begs the question, we will have numerous erroneous keys in the database that I’ve used as a test. Can these be removed easily?

Kind Regards,
Ben

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the screen shots and information. This confirms that you have hit the bug you mentioned. When we fix the bug you will be able to see the accounts that you currently can not see. In the mean time we have customers who have been editing or deleting these records by going to their specific URL as they have known the slug.

Sorry for the troubles, hopefully we will have this fixed really soon.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply, it’s not a big issue that we can’t see the active accounts. I’m able to view them in the database and could probably delete them from there if needs be.

Cheers,
Ben

Hi Ben,

If you wouldn’t mind, please wait until the UI is fixed. We perform cascading deletes (delete any linked data) via the UI. If you manually delete form the database you potentially will cause errors in other areas. We do have this bug assigned for our current sprint.

Sorry for the troubles.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Not a problem. I’ll hang on.

Cheers,
Ben

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.