Creating a release for 180 tenants causes high CPU

We have some projects that are tenanted for 180 tenants. When we create a release and choose tags that bring in those tenants the CPU and memory within Chrome goes bonkers and the page sits there for up to 5 minutes with the Deploy button greyed out.

The number of tenants we support is increasing all the time so I can only see this issue getting worse.

Adam,

Thank you for getting in contact with us, and my apologies for the time taken to get back to you.

I’ve done some investigation of the issue you’ve described, and I can definitely see a performance degradation once you get into those large numbers of tenants. I’m working on developing a fix for this problem, and I’ve created an issue in GitHub which you can track here.

I’ll be in touch when I have more information this issue. Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention.

Regards,
Jayden

1 Like

Hi Adam,

We are still looking into this issue and it is taking a bit longer then expected.
In the meantime, you can use the old portal by modifying the url, eg:
https://domain_name/oldportal#/

Cheers
John

Hi Adam,

Just to let you know that version 2018.5 contains a fix for this issue.
This new version should be a lot faster to load, please let us know what you think.

Cheers
John

Great news John. As soon as we have installed and tested I’ll let you know how it performs.

Also, thank you a lot for the oldportal# tip. That made deploying to our 180 tenants much easier last week!

Cheers
Adam

Hi Adam,

Bad news, we found a critical issue in v 2018.5 and had to roll this fix back.
I’ll report back once we have another release with this fix.

Really sorry for the inconvenience
John

We’ve just upgraded to 2018.6 and can see the deployment for 200+ tenants has been improved. There is still a lag as the data is loaded but nowhere near as bad as before. Thanks