Create Release failing with UnauthorizedAccessException

Can anyone help with the UnauthorizedAccessException in the attached image?
The build works OK, the release is created and Octopus automatically deploys the project successfully.
Then I get the UnauthorizedAccessException and the build is marked as failed, even though everything appears to have worked OK.

This is using version 0.4.7 of the OctopusCreateRelease task with version 3.3.5 of Octo.exe

We had the same issue w/ the update to the build task (looks to have been pushed today).

For us, it was the additional parameter the script (Octopus-CreateRelease.ps1) was passing to octo.exe: --enableServiceMessages

We removed that from the script and we’re back to functioning normally.

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you let us know if you are using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) or an on-premise instance of TFS? Also please send us the full build log so we can see the context of the error. If you don’t want to share it on this public thread, feel free to email it at Support(at)Octopus(dot)com

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

I have emailed the build log as requested.
We uses VSTS here with an on premise build server.

Thanks,
Phil

I can confirm that Drew’s solution to remove the --enableServiceMessages parameter has stopped the error occurring.

Thanks,
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the heads up and for the build log. I’ve notified the dev behind the plugin about this behavior already.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Hi Phil,

My apologies, I hadn’t update the Git Repository to the latest working version so the on-premises version won’t have worked.

I’ve made the change now, are you able to update and let me know how it goes?

Thanks,
Damian Brady

Hi Damian,

The latest version of the CreateRelease build task extension seems to download automatically anyway.
The latest version has re added the --enableServiceMessages I had commented out in the previous version and seems to be working OK.

The version numbering is a little confusing though, see image attached.

Thanks for the fix.
Phil

Hi Philip,

Glad that it’s working!

And yes, there’s a separate version number for the extension and the build task - it is a little confusing. I’ll align them with the next update.

Thanks,
Damo