Create Release Error - System.InvalidOperationException: This operation is not supported for a relative URI

Just created a new wcf service octopus package for automated deployment to our IIS 7.5 server. When creating the release for the project, I get this client error in the browser:

“There was a problem processing your request: 400 This operation is not supported for a relative URI.
(click to dismiss).”

The server side event log has the following corresponding error:

2013-07-20 11:11:03,884 [9] ERROR Octopus [(null)] - System.InvalidOperationException: This operation is not supported for a relative URI.
at System.Uri.get_Authority()
at Octopus.Shared.Packages.FeedCredentialsProvider.Canonicalize(Uri uri)
at Octopus.Portal.Areas.Api.Controllers.PackagesController.Versions(String feedId, List1 packageIds) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<>c__DisplayClass39.b__33()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.b__49()

Guessing I probably configured something wrong but not sure what to check. Please advise.

thanks

We found the issue. It turns out our NuGet path had leading whitespace, so the path “\MyNuGetFeed” will succeed, but the path " \MyNuGetFeed" will fail with the message “400 This operation is not supported for a relative URI.”

A single leading whitespace is not obvious to the naked eye. I’d like to suggest trimming the configured NuGet URI before storing and/or before trying to access the URI.

Thanks for the update Rick, yes that would have been tricky to spot! We’ll make sure we trim all inputs in Octopus 2.0.

Paul