Create packages with OctoPack is hanging

Hi,

I configured to create packages using the .nuspec file. The build process gets completed. The OctopusDeploy: Pack option is not using the .nuspec file. We have exclude files list in the nuspec file, which is not working as expected. The process includes all files regardless.

Thanks in advance

Hi @rowebdevsvc,

First of all welcome to the Octopus Forums!

Thanks for reaching out.

Octo pack actually doesn’t utilize the nuspec file at all. If that’s a requirement for your process, I would suggest instead using a script step in your build pipeline or a nuget.exe runner if it exists in your build server of choice and create the package that way. Documentation: Pack - Octopus Deploy

Alternatively, before the pack step, you could manually move these files with a script step to exclude them from the pack step.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,
Jeremy

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks a lot. We spend more than an hours in Octo pack with nuspec. After your response we found the nuget.exe runner will help us to clear it.

We used the nuget.exe runner to achieve the task.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi,

You’re very welcome! Thanks for letting me know it worked out for you.

I hope you have a great rest of your week and please let us know if you need anything else.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.