Create multiple releases from one TeamCity project

I have multiple projects which every of them is from the same codebase (one project in TeamCity). Octo.exe can create release only to one selected project. What should I do to automatically create the same releases on the multiple selected projects (or even better - on project group)?

I have chosen “Project per customer” multi-tenant deployment. Each project is created by Octopus.Client from external administration application where I can manage my customer instances.

Hi Dariusz,

Thanks for reaching out. As of Octopus 3.3, the only way would be to multiply the “Create Release” step per customer, or have a single powershell script that calls Octo.exe (which is what the “create release” step uses on the background) once per customer.

In 3.4 we’ll introduce multi-tenancy support, allowing you to start a deployment to a group of tenants.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

Thanks for the response. So, should I wait for 3.4 or go for proposed solution? Is it worth the effort to create this PowerShell script?

PS
In other words. When 3.4 will be released? :slight_smile:

Regards
Darek

Hi Darek,

Release 3.4 is at least 2 months away. The Powershell script shouldn’t be too hard to write, as It’ll mostly be copy the same line over and over and just change some parameter values.

My recommendation would be to write the PS script, and stay alert to our blog and twitter account for news about 3.4 in the upcoming weeks.

https://twitter.com/OctopusDeploy

Regards,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,
I’m still waiting for this release. I have many tenants and count is growing. Now my deploy strategy is awful.

When We can expect 3.4 (deploys with multi-tenant option) release?

Regards,
Darek

Hi Darek,

I’m sorry to say that it might be another 1-2 months from now. The reason behind this delay is that this feature is quite complicated, and we want to make sure we nail it when we release 3.4. For this reason we’ve changed our approach for this particular release, and we introduced an Early Access Program (EAP) so users can test early alpha versions and provide some feedback.

This week we released EAP 2, where you can see a video demo of “Multi-Tenancy”, and even give it a try yourself: https://octopus.com/blog/octopus-deploy-3.4-eap-alpha2

Deep apologies for the delay with this feature. I hope you understand that we are trying to make this as good as possible before shipping 3.4.

Best regards,
Dalmiro