Create a new Library Variable Set for a Space

Hi,
Is there a way to create a new Library Variable Set in a Space using Octopus.Client?

Kind Regards,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Octopus Deploy is built API-first . This means that Octopus is built in layers; all data and operations are available over its REST API. The Octopus Web Portal is built on top of this API so all of the data and operations you can see and perform in the Octopus Web Portal can be performed over the REST API.

While I have not personally seen this done using the Octopus Client. We do have a lot of examples that will guide you on the right path:

In addition to this, you can use the swagger UI, to create a Library variable set:
http://YourOctopusInstance/swaggerui/index.html#/LibraryVariableSets/createLibraryVariableSet

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Hi,
Thats great thanks. I am using Octopus.Platform.Model.ScopeSpecification to select an environment in the scope. I cant seem to locate the Octopus.Platform.dll in my Octopus Server (C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus) or Tentacle (C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Tentacle) locations.
I am on version 2020.1.17. Where can I find the dll file or can I download it form somewhere??

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

The Octopus.Platform.dll was removed from 3.x onwards, so it won’t be available.

But in saying this, there is an example of how you can add scopes to variables which would help in your case:

If there’s anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Ziaul

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.