I have run into a rather odd issue.
I have a project set up that deploys to an Azure Web App. There are a couple of Azure Powershell scripts that I run before and after the deploy step.
The deployment process was working fine, until I started receiving “Subscription does not exist” errors when trying to run the pre-deploy azure powershell steps.
I verified that the subscription was set up correctly and still did exist, and recreated my Azure account in Octopus Deploy just to be sure. I also removed all scripts, and replaced them with a single Script step that executes “Get-AzureSubscription”. This also fails with the same error messages:
Select-AzureSubscription : The subscription name doesn’t exist.
Parameter name: name
*At C:\Octopus\Work\20150807161714-14\Bootstrap.Octopus.AzureContext.ps1:173 *
Set-AzureSubscription : The subscription id doesn’t exist.
Parameter name: id
*At C:\Octopus\Work\20150807161714-14\Bootstrap.Octopus.AzureContext.ps1:174 *
I can’t tell if it is running an older/cached version of my script, but I cannot see “Get-AzureSubscription” called anywhere.
If I open the script console and run “Get-AzureSubscription” against my project, it works fine.
I also recreated the Azure Web App target, but that did not fix the issue.
Also, if I create a new project with the same scripts/setup, it works fine - but obviously we do not want to recreate entire projects if they become corrupted like this.