Corrupt variables after save operation

Hi

We’ve had a huge problem with Octopus this week after making a change to 2 octopus variables. After the save operation, the variable data for ‘Environment’ and ‘Step’ were corrupt. The data in environment and step were simply randomized, where some variables got new environments or steps and variables that never had any environment option or step, was suddenly configured with one. And with almost 150 variables it took very long time to restore to the previous state (restore not an option, since we have about 60 projects actively using Octopus).
This behavior is quite frankly very settling, as this could potentially configure a pre-production environment, to run against production and cause lots of problems. Not to mention the time restore the variables to its previous state. Is this a known issue?

Untitled1.png

Hi Jasper,

I’m sorry for not responding sooner, this is very bad and I’m sorry it happened. I can’t think what would cause it (we’ve never had a report of this before). Would you have 20 minutes sometime this week or next week to do a screen sharing session with me to try and work out why this would have happened?

This code has been rewritten for Octopus 2.0 and definitely should not happen again.

Paul

Hi Paul

Sure, we can do a screen sharing session - What time zone are you in - I’m in GMT+1

/Jasper

Hi Jasper,

GMT+10. My Skype ID is paulstovell.

Paul

Hi

Since 2.0 is to close and we have not encountered this problem since, lets just move forward, unless you want more information regarding this error.

Thanks