Copy Working Directory

I have a script step that was created from a template. That template has since been updated and the version in source control is outdated. Seems like I could use Octopus.Calamari.CopyWorkingDirectoryIncludingKeyTo to get a copy of the script that is still being executed. Luckily we haven’t updated the script to the latest version of the template.

Is it simply setting this as a Project variable for the Project that is executing this step? Just a bit unclear on how to configure.

Hi @jaysonparker33,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry that doc page isn’t more clear - I’ll look into updating that soon.

You’re correct, you would just want to create a project variable named Octopus.Calamari.CopyWorkingDirectoryIncludingKeyTo, and give it a value pointing to a directory. During the deployment, the working directory will then be copied over to the value you set for that variable.

Note that adding this variable into your project will require a new release to be created in order to apply that change.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.