Copy migrate.exe to project

Hi, im currently using TeamCity and Octopus to do my build/release management. But i am having a hard time figguring out how to get migrate.exe from packages\EntityFramework.6.1.3\Tools\migrate.exe into the package that is getting deployed.

Im using a default simple nuspec file, with default behaviors. if i try to include it using then it ignores all default behavior and i would need to go trough every single thing that needs to be included.

How can i get migrate.exe into the deployed package so i can run a powershell script to migrate the database?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out. There’s a section on the Octopack documentation that explains what to do when you add a file using the <files> tag but you also want the rest of the app getting packaged:

If the <files> section exists, OctoPack by default won't attempt to automatically add any extra files to your package, so you'll need to be explicit about which files you want to include. You can override this behavior with /p:OctoPackEnforceAddingFiles=true

For more info about Octopack usage: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Using+OctoPack

Hope that helps!

Dalmiro