Connection error causing parent process step to fail after all child process steps have succeeded

When deploying to an environment, we are seeing a parent process step fail overall but its child steps show as successful. The error we are seeing is:

“The step failed with error ‘An error occurred when sending a request to ‘hostname’, after the request began: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host’.”

If the release is re-deployed, the process step that failed will succeed, but then another down the line will fail with the same error.

Are there any thoughts as to why this is failing in this way? I found an old forum post that looked very similar but dealt with an “acquire package” step (which this one is not, they are all run script steps).

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected issue. This certainly doesn’t look correct, so we’d like to dig in a bit deeper on this scenario to get a better look. Would you be willing to supply the task log from a deployment, and also your deployment process JSON? This can be downloaded via your project’s Process tab under the overflow menu as shown below.

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny